What do you do? +
- Overwraps Flexibles specializes in printing, laminating, and converting flexible film for packaging needs.
How do I become a customer? +
- In order to become a customer, please contact us here. We will need the following: Credit application/ Tax form, project scope/ specifications.
What is your lead time? +
- For standard new orders, lead times are four to six weeks after artwork is approved, and for repeat orders, lead times are three to four weeks. Raw material supply may add to these time frames. If you are under tight deadlines, let us know and we'll do our best to meet your needs.
What is your minimum order quantity? +
- Overwraps does not have a minimum order quantity. Our printing capabilities become very efficient at 10 million square inches or more. We do run many orders with small print quantities.
What information do you need to produce my order? +
- We need artwork (web width and repeat/ cutoff; number of colors, ink %), film structure, order quantity, unwind (if roll-stock), outside diameter of customer rolls, and ship-to location.
GRAPHICS AND PRINTING
What kind of printing do you do? +
- We do flexographic printing
What are your print specifications? +
Do you have prepress art capabilities in-house? +
- Yes, we do all prepress in-house utilizing Kodak Flexcel high definition flexographic insight systems.
Do you make your own plates? +
- Yes, we have a state of the art photopolymer plate making system in-house in Dallas, Texas.
What line screen do you run? +
- Standard line screen is 150. We have the capability to produce printed film up to 200 line screen.
How do I submit a graphics file? +
- FTP site (Hyperlink) or use your favorite file transfer site (ie. Dropbox)
Once an art file is submitted, how long before I receive a PDF or die-line? +
- You should receive a PDF/ die-line within 3-5 working days.
Do you provide color accurate proofs? +
- Yes, we provide color accurate proofs for all jobs containing process images. We require a signed and approved color proof prior to printing.
Can I do a press approval? +
- Yes, we welcome press approvals on all new jobs. We typically schedule press approvals for day shift, mid-week.
What ink systems do you use? +
- We use both solvent and water based ink systems - including extended gamut.
What are the benefits of adhesive laminations? +
Extrusion lamination is a good manufacturing method and is widely and appropriately used in the snack food industry. However, there are considerations for and situations in which Adhesive Lamination is a superior choice.
Extrusion – melted PE (polyethylene) used as the binder between layers of packaging film. Adhesive – 100% solids Solvent-less Adhesive Laminations (SAL), using a 2 part epoxy glue to bond layers of packaging film. We use SAL vs. solvent or water based Adhesive processes.
1. Adhesive Laminations Perform Better with Hydroscopic products like Popcorn
- Hydroscopic products (Ex. Popcorn, Puffed Snacks, Pork Rinds, Corn Products, Sugar/Splenda) will readily absorb odors.
- Melted PE from Extrusion Laminations could be absorbed and produce a plastic odor for consumers.
2. Adhesive Laminations have Improved Machinability at Packaging Facilities
- Because Extrusion Laminations can have a relatively uneven distribution on PE extrudate, there are occasional occurrences of roll confirmation issues, such as gauge bands, hard edges and curled edges.
- Since the Adhesive is applied more evenly, the rolls are perfectly flat and easier to process in your plant with minimal tracking issues.
3. Adhesive Laminations are More Sustainable and have a Smaller Carbon Footprint
- OPP/Adh/OPP is a more recyclable product that a OPP/PE Ext./OPP structure. There is a higher value for OPP/Adh/OPP on the secondary/recycle market.
- It takes considerably less energy to produce Adhesive Laminations compared to melting PE resin pellets.
- The Extrusion Process emits a great deal of pollutants into the environment in the form of airborne burned PE and black PE tar in the chimney and on the roof. Adhesive Laminations have no VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds).
What are the advantages of adhesive laminations? +
- See attachment “Benefits of Adhesive Laminations”
Do you form and fill packaging (VFFS and HFFS)? +
- No, we do not fill packaging. We do make film that can be filled on a VFFS or HFFS machine.
Can you provide packaging that will help my product have a longer shelf life? +
- Yes, we will work with you to develop the best structure with the proper MVTR, OVTR and light transmission properties best suited for your application.
Can you provide samples of printed roll-stock or pre-made bags? +
- We are happy to send you already printed samples of work we have done both in roll-stock and/ or pre-made bags.
Can you supply mock-ups/ prototypes? +
- We do not supply mock-ups/ proto-types of bag-making in house. However, we do work with industry partners that can provide small quantity mock ups (as little as 1) so that you can view your product before committing to a large quantity order.